2014 Yamaha YZF-R6 motorcycle with a seven -level Traction Control systems provide many features with high performance engine Powered by 998cc engine in-line 4 – cylinder , Yamaha YZF – R6 offers high rpm rush superb , the aluminum frame has been designed to offer rigidity balance. The exceptional rear frame lightweigt Controlled – Fill die-cast magnesium , 2014 Yamaha YZF – R6 contributed optimum mass centralization . Suspension includes YHSJ ( Yamaha Hydraluic Systems Japan ) front forks which use one of the tricks developed for our winning MotoGP ® bikes : independent damping . Left fork handles compression damping and the right side handles the rebound damping .
2014 Yamaha YZF-R6 The R6 Aluminum deltabox chassis has been designed to offer an optimized rigidity balance to maximize handling performance . The engine is a fully stressed chassis member . 2014 Yamaha YZF – R6 stability , handling of large keys , while the unmatched ability to hold a line under hard acceleration is excellent . R1 chassis that offers 56 degree angle incredible . cylinder normally 1,2,4,3 with a 180 degree intervals . This R1 engine fires 1,3,2,4 cylinders and the firing intervals are uneven at 270/180/90/180 degrees . Yamaha YZF – R6 What all this means the rider is the most linear torque possible and amazing throttle control . This engine design allows a new level of rider – machine communication . One of the most important benefits is the outstanding cornering performance that increased engine control allows .
2014 Yamaha YZF – R6 Features and Benefits :
• Ultra – lightweight , compact , 998cc , DOHC , 16 – valve , liquid-cooled , 40 degree incline , a four – cylinder in-line with ” crossplane ” style crankshaft .
• The main components of this advanced engine design is the ” crossplane ” crankshaft and an uneven shots . Both of these features are used on Yamaha’s championship winning M1 MotoGP racer . Please note … This is not a ” big bang ” engine . The R1 departs from the norm for in-line 4 -cylinder engine and the 180 degree alignment of the crank pins ( where the connecting rods attach to the crankshaft ) , and locates the center two rods at a 90 degree plane from the outer cylinders . This means instead of the crank pins aligned on the same plane ( a straight line drawn through the center of the crankshaft ) , they align on 2 planes in the form of a cross … or ” crossplane ” . Working closely with the crossplane crank is an uneven shots . Traditional firing command in- line 4
• The purpose of R1 is engineered to control … not just an increase in horsepower . If that happens , we could have increased the power output of the existing engine design produces pale , hard to use power band .
• The 4 – valve cylinder head design has a compact combustion chamber that utilizes lightweight , trick , titanium valves on the intake side . Design 4 – valve maximizes breathing efficiency and overall engine performance .
• titanium intake valves are 31mm in diameter while the steel exhaust valves are 25mm in diameter . Lightweight yet super strong VX alloy valve spring valve control movement .
• Steep valve angles , 11.5 degrees on the intake side and 12.5 degrees on the exhaust produce a compact combustion chamber .
• lightweight titanium intake valves reduce the reciprocating weight of the intake valves allowing for higher rpms without the concern of valve float . The use of lightweight ” Ti ” valves has allowed the engineers at Yamaha to use format 4 – valves . In the past , the use of 5 smaller valves allowed a higher rpm limit since each of the ” smaller ” valves was relatively light . The use of light weight titanium now means the engineers no longer have to use the 5 design – the valve to achieve the same high rpms .
• Burning of the rooms have been optimized for maximum engine performance . The compression ratio is 12.7:1 .
• Compact automatic cam chain tensioner reduces both maintenance and mechanical engine noise .
• Short skirt , forged aluminum pistons offer light weight , fast throttle response and great reliability .
• crossplane crankshaft features 36mm journals for increased strength , while the inertial moment of the crank has been increased by 20 % versus the last generation R1 .
• Connecting Rods carburized and use a nut less design . The lower end ” cap ” the rod is made from the same piece of material as the upper portion and is cracked away in a process known as ” fracture splitting ” . This process helps true big end roundness and greater precision in con rod dimensions .
• Ceramic composite cylinder ” boring ” are a ” liner less ” design with the ceramic coating applied directly on the aluminum block to ensure uniform heat dissipation for consistent power delivery , reduced oil consumption , reduced friction and reduced weight .
• Closed deck cylinder design allows the cylinders to be located more closely together , allowing for narrow machines .
• The cylinder block is a stand-alone piece ( not integrated into the upper crank case ) . The benefit is reduced weight and a less tall engine which lowers the center of gravity .
Type 998cc , 4 – stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 16 valves ( titanium intake valves )
Bore x Stroke 78.0mm X 52.2mm
The compression ratio of 12.7:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel Injection with YCC – T and YCC -I
Ignition TCI : Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 6 – speed w / multiplate slipper clutch
Final Drive # 530 O – ring chain
Suspension / Front 43mm inverted fork , fully adjustable , 4.7 -in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock w / piggyback reservoir , 4 – way adjustable , 4.7 -in travel
Brakes / Front Dual 310mm discs , radial – mount calipers forged 6 – piston
Brakes / Rear 220mm disc , single – piston caliper
Tires / Front 120/70ZR17M/C 58W
Tires / Rear 190/55ZR17M/C 75W
Length 81.5 in
Width 28.1 in
Height 44.5 in
Seat Height 32.9 in
Wheelbase 55.7 in
Rake ( Caster Angle ) 24.0 °
Trail 4.0 in
Fuel capacity 4.8 gal
Fuel economy is 33 mpg **
Wet weight of 454 pounds ***
Primary Reduction Ratio 65/43 ( 1.512 )
Secondary Reduction Ratio 47/17 ( 2.765 )
Gear Ratio – 1st Gear 15/38 ( 2.533 )
Gear Ratio – 2nd Gear 33/16 ( 2.063 )
Gear Ratio – 3rd Gear 37/21 ( 1,762 )
Gear Ratio – 4th Gear 35/23 ( 1.522 )
Gear Ratio – 5th Gear 30/22 ( 1,364 )
Gear Ratio – 6th Gear 33/26 ( 1,269 )
Warranty 1 Year ( Limited Factory Warranty )